Hundreds of ATMs are available to get you connected to the cash you need. Right here in RVA and across the country, there is a surcharge free ATM in your path of travel.
Connects participates in the surcharge free program of the Credit Union 24 Network to make sure that you have options!
ATM Security and Safety
The keys to using an ATM safely are awareness and knowledge.
- If possible, do not use ATMs late at night or very early in the morning.
- Use only well-lit ATMs in public places.
- Before approaching the ATM, make sure there are no suspicious persons around.
- If you see anything suspicious, leave immediately and report it to the police.
- Have your card ready before approaching the ATM and keep your wallet or purse secure.
- Don’t approach the ATM until the person in front of you has completed their transaction and left the machine.
- Shield your personal identification number (PIN) from view when entering the numbers.
- Pay special attention to the ATM keypad and area where you insert your card. If something seems new or suspicious at an ATM you use regularly, don’t use that ATM and contact the financial institution.
- Don’t count your cash at the ATM.
- If an ATM keeps your card, immediately report it to your financial institution.
- If you need to get out of your car for a walk up ATM, don’t leave the car running or unlocked.
- Stay aware of what’s going on behind you.
Drive up ATMs
- Keep car doors locked and windows rolled up except when necessary to access the ATM.
- Monitor the area around you to ensure nobody is approaching your vehicle.
- Drive off if someone starts approaching.