Unwavering commitment to members.
Connects started in 1950, when the employees of C&P Telephone Company chartered C&P Telephone Employees Federal Credit Union.
For more than half a century, the credit union has served the financial needs of the employees and their families.
In 1996, we moved our operations to our own building located at 7700 Shrader Rd.
In 2000, we changed our name from C&P Telephone Employees Federal Credit Union to Connects Federal Credit Union. The new name more accurately reflects our broad membership.
In 2003 Connects FCU opened a branch in the nation's first "Credit Union Mall". Three separate credit unions operate in three separate branches in one building. That's the cooperative spirit!
Later in 2003, Virginia Hospital Employees Federal Credit Union merged with Connects to provide expanded services and locations to the HCA hospital employees in Richmond.
In 2007, Connects was granted the largest community charter in our area by the National Credit Union Administration. The new charter allows us to offer the value of our services to anyone that lives, works, worships, attends school or regularly volunteers in the City of Richmond or the Counties of Chesterfield, Hanover or Henrico.
In 2011, we opened our first Hanover County branch, Patriots Corner. The branch is located in the growing Atlee area of the county. The branch serves many residents in this convenient location fully equipped with drive thru lanes, a 24 hour ATM and Service Center capabilities.